This is a strategic contract for floor covering products and installation service and available only through the UManage Facilities Services Program.This is a restricted commodity. Please see Purchasing Guidelines for guidance.
Continental also leads many green initiatives including:
- Resource Commercial Flooring Network member
- Recycling broadloom carpet since 2002
- Initiating a carpet tile program that recycles or remanufactures 100% of the materials for the production of new carpet tiles and carpet tile backing
This is a restricted commodity.
Departments need to contact the procurement agent and interior designers. Floor covering products and installation service are available only through the UManage Facilities Services Program. This service is for use by authorized university employees only. See UManage for details on how to use the UManage Facilities Services Program. All flooring installations must meet university standards. Faculty and staff should contact their units regarding carpeting replacement policy and ordering procedures.
For information on flooring standards:
Campus Interior Design
Office: (734) 647-1331
Cell: (734) 660-5921
U-M Health System Buildings
Phone: (734) 763-9125
Orders of $25,000 or less may be placed with a shortcode by contacting:
Rick Krupske, Sales Representative
1210 E. Maple Road
Phone: (248) 217-0754
- Vendorcontacts the units and schedules appointments to review the proposed projects, look at stockflooring samples that meet university standards, and measure the areas for flooring.
- Vendorprepares the quotations and order forms.
- Departments approve the quotes by adding the ShortCodes to the requisitions and returning the signed requisitions to Continental Interiors. It is recommended that the quote number be used as the “Dept Ref #”.
- Continental Interiorsinstalls the floorcovering.
- Departments approve the final installation and sign off on the project.
- Invoices are processed through the university’s service unit billing method. Departments reconcile their charges. If there are discrepancies, units contactsupplier. If units do not receive a satisfactory resolution, units should contact John Bogi, Contract Administrator, (734) 615-3467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For orders greater than $25,000, contact the procurement agent (see “PROCUREMENT CONTACTS” below) or the Plant Operations Call Center(734-647-2059) for assistance.