Earlier this summer, Collegiate Travel Planners (CTP), U-M’s designated travel partner, advised the university that the travel industry is experiencing a record number of flight delays and cancellations.
By booking flights through CTP, U-M travelers can get assistance from CTP agents with travel delays and cancellations. In addition, travelers are given priority rebooking over those who booked directly with an airline. CTP agents are available 24/7 to assist with travel arrangements.
CTP recommends taking the following actions when traveling:
- Book or cancel travel reservations through Lightning, U-M’s online booking tool, whenever possible.
- Avoid booking the last flight of the day.
- Download airline apps and sign up for airline messages.
- Use the airline app and/or relevant websites to check flight status before heading to the airport.
- If the delayed or canceled travel is within 72 hours, travelers should use CTP Emergency Services, available through call prompts on their customer service line.
Additionally, credits for unused tickets originally booked with CTP can be tracked through the CTP Portal, making it easier to apply them to future flights and ensure they are used before they expire.
- Phone: 877-804-3688 / International: 402-252-4404
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday
- After-hours service is provided 24/7 at the same phone numbers listed above. Additional fees may apply. It is recommended to only use the after-hours service if you are currently traveling or your travel is within 72 hours.
If you are an arranger booking for a guest, please share this information with your guest in case they need to reach out to CTP.