This is a strategic contract for pagers. American Messaging is a supporter of the university’s sustainability initiatives. American Messaging refurbishes the plastic holsters for U-M’s pagers and if a pager or holster is determined to be damaged, the working parts and plastics are sent to third party companies who utilize them in pager repairs.
Follow the Procedure for Purchasing Equipment for the purchase of items $10,000 or more.
Free standard shipping
Hospital Paging System Users:
Contact Hospital Communications at Campuspagers@med.umich.edu for the following transactions:
- User name change
- American Messaging pager number change
- Hospital paging ID change
- New pager Capcode information
Contact Hospital Communications at Campuspagers@med.umich.edu or at (734) 647-4886 if no e-mail response after 24 hours.
*Hospital Security will no longer be able to do pager exchanges or lost replacement.
Lost or Defective Pagers:
Contact Major Accounts Customer Service at 888-223-4123
You will need the following information to complete the order:
- Full 10 digit American Messaging pager number, including area code
- Your full shipping address including suite number
- If defective, ask for a pager return form and ARS label for the return of defective pager
- The Capcode (number on the back of the pager that begins with E or A.)
- If you can not read the Capcode and do not know your pager and do not know your American Messaging pager number: Contact Hospital Communications at Campuspagers@med.umich.edu or at 734-647-4886 if no e-mail response after 24 hours.
If the order is placed before 2:00 p.m. the replacement pager will be shipped overnight.
After you receive the replacement pager:
- Follow the instructions in the box.
- Email hospital communications at Campuspagers@med.umich.edu and give them the Capcode of the new pager (located on the back of the pager and will begin with either an A or E)
- This will complete the pager exchange and your pager will now be operational.
- Defective pagers needs to be shipped back to American Messaging (free of charge) using the ARS label provided. Pager must be received by American Messaging within 14 days.
- If a pager is not returned within 30 days, your Shortcode will be billed for the equipment charges.
- Retain a copy of all pager return documentation. This includes tracking numbers, pager Capcode, pager number and date of return.
For ordering or general questions contact:
Phone: (248) 486-8327
Major Accounts Customer Service:
Phone: (888) 260-3801
Technology Team email@example.com