Topic: Property Disposition

Can a U-M PCard be used for purchases?

No. Only a shortcode can be used for unital purchases.

What is the process if I want to purchase surplus property for personal use from my unit?

You’ll need to fill out a Declaration of Surplus form and email it to Property Disposition. The form must be signed by someone other than the purchaser. Property Disposition will price the item(s) and email you back with the estimated value(s). We will send a PayPal link for the appraised amount plus six percent (6%) state of Michigan sales tax. You’ll then get a receipt you can show to your unit supervisor before taking the item(s) home.

Will Property Disposition take my personal property?

No. Property Disposition is only able to accept surplus property from U-M units.

Can the university donate surplus items?

No. The university is required to dispose or recycle all surplus items. Items that remain U-M property can be transferred between units.